Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 12

I know that I've eaten, and I've eaten well over the last 10 or so days, but recalling what I had is proving to be quite difficult. I know that there was a huge pasta salad that I ate for 3 days and there was some corn on the cob. There were many tomatoes sliced with salt and pepper, tomato and vegan mayonaise sandwhiches. Nothing complicated or fancy to stand out, just simple food enjoyed at home. There was a recreation of my cherry tomato pasta sauce, this time with the welcome addition of some sun dried tomatoes I bought in a massive jar. So, instead of trying to test my already crap memory, I will say I did good, wasted little and enjoyed myself. Now on to week 12.

1 bunch radishes
6 ears of corn
1 bunch kale
1 eggplant
1 zuchini
basil
2 plum tomatoes
4 (5?) slicing tomatoes
huge bag of green beans
1 cubanelle pepper
1 green pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes

I'm sure that I will edit this later with more additions to the list as well as to correct a riety of spelling mistakes that my phone doesn't care enough to pick up. I'll also be writing soon about my first adventure in canning! It's going to be happening soon, I really want to make tomato sauce and learn how to preserve beans and corn. I have the equipment ($40 from Tags in Porter Square!), I'm waiting for 2 things. One is a book telling me what the heck to do and the second it time .

No comments:

Post a Comment