Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 10, meal 1

When I woke up last Friday morning, I decided that I needed to make myself some treats to take to work. First, I used some lettuce and tomato in a sandwich with Nayonaise and "Turkey" slices. Then, while I ate breakfast I tried to think what I could do with all of my cherry tomatoes. What I made was east and delicious!

Pasta with a Quick Cherry Tomato Sauce

8-10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1 large (or 2 small) cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 tiny onion, finely minced (a 1/4 or a regular onion would suffice)
Handful of fresh basil, torn
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Nutritional yeast
2 servings of pasta, cooked

Saute the onions and garlic in some olive oil till the onions are translucent. Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook until they are very soft and will easily pop if you push on them with a spoon. Season with salt and pepper, add a couple tablespoons of nutritional yeast and add a little more olive oil. Throw in pasta and basil. Toss and serve.

This came out so good! It was nice to eat a cooked tomato since I have been snacking on so many raw ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment